An awesome fin for UK diving. The Honest Diver team all wear it, as do the students at The Fifth Point!
The RK3 is a great fin if you like ’em stiff and heavy. They’re virtually indestructible and we love how easy they are to get on and off with the spring strap.
The RK3 is a little bit lighter than the RK3 HDs, so if you suffer from floaty feet syndrome, you might want to check out the HDs.
The Honest Truth
If you gave me a blind test between the RK3’s and the RK3 HD’s – I honestly don’t think I’d be able to feel the difference in terms of propulsion. I went with the standards as I wanted them in white!
The award-winning RK3 fin is renowned for outstanding performance and reliability and has fast become a firm favourite with divers
Designed in collaboration with the US military and renowned for outstanding performance and reliability, the Apeks RK3 is a rugged thermoplastic rubber fin featuring an over-sized foot pocket to accommodate drysuit boots and a spring strap for easy donning and doffing.
The RK3 is available in three sizes: Medium, Large and Super. We didn’t give the RK3 fin a shoe size range as this can be very misleading. The environment that an RK3 is used in will tend to dictate the size of fin that you need, for example, do you dive in a warm environment wearing wetsuit boots, or are you walking across pebbled beaches and wearing a drysuit and rigid dry boots? Both forms of footwear may be a size 9, but will take up different amounts of space in the fin foot pocket.
Therefore, we recommend that you visit your local dive store and try the fins on with your own footwear, just to ensure that you’re getting the right fit for your style of diving.
Check out this list of features from the manufacturer… if it sounds like gobbledegook, give us a shout!
- Based on one of the first vented rubber fins sold in North America and popular among military and professional divers.
- Compact, and ultra-rugged for use in harsh environments.
- Improved foot pocket with spring straps for ease of use with cold hands or thick gloves.
- The design has been the standard gear issue fin for military, special ops, coast guard and public safety divers for decades.
- Short wide blade provides maximum forward thrust while maintaining great manoeuvrability.
- Vented blade design reduces resistance on the upstroke and enhances thrust on the downstroke.
- The vents also eliminate vortexes that can occur along the back of the blade much in the same way split fins eliminate the vortex
- The blade materials designed to hold up in the toughest environments, temperatures and abuse
- Two large grommet holes design to fit more karabiners for easy storage of the fins while accessing the dive site
- Spring straps as standard
- Custom designed buckle holds spring straps in optimum position
- Simple push pin design allows simple replacement of springs if necessary
- Sizes: Medium, Regular and Super
- Colour: Black, white yellow.
- 982gm per fin
- Blade 49cm
- Foot depth 22cm
- Foot width 9cm
- 1.19kg per fin
- Blade 54.5cm
- Foot depth 25.5cm
- Foot width 9.5cm
- 1.27kg per fin
- Blade 57cm
- Foot depth 27cm
- Foot width 10cm