Not gonna lie, you can get much brighter torches than the Ammonite LED One. BUT because it’s got a narrow beam which makes the light travel further and a whopping 6 hours burn time, divers grab this torch to stick in their pocket as a backup in case they find themselves in a spot of bother.
We don't have this in the stock cupboard right now, but you can still order it!
We'll get it in for you - it'll just take a few days extra for delivery.
If you want an exact ETA, have a chat with one of the team.
The Honest Truth
We use the LED One torch in the school at The Fifth Point. It’s rugged, heavy-duty and believe me, we’ve given it some abuse!
LED ONE has just been significantly upgraded.
The purpose of creating the LED ONE was to guarantee a failsafe backup against any primary light failure situation.
LED ONE offers simple construction, impressive performance, a new ergonomic military-style grip and long burn time.
LED ONE with rugged materials and design is a powerful yet compact backup torch with an impressive 400 lumens and 6 hour burn time all powered by three AA batteries.
Check out this list of features from the manufacturer… if it sounds like gobbledegook, give us a shout!
- LED ONE’s reliability, it’s a key feature, stems from its simple but robust construction, materials used, build quality and minimal electronics.
- The LED ONE body is machined from a solid piece of Delrin®, an exceptionally rigid and durable construction thermoplastic. The head is made from hard anodised aluminium, which makes it resistant to abrasion and weather factors.
- The LED is protected by 6mm tempered and scratch-resistant glass.
- LED ONE head is machined with a long thread and is protected with three beefy o-rings.
- It guarantees leak tightness for immersion depths up to 200 m and protects the device from accidental water ingress when switching on and off underwater.
- LED ONE delivers a tightly focused light beam of high visible cold white light.
- LED ONE provides an optimal combination of high light intensity, up to 400 lm, and very long operating time of over 6 hours
- The back-up torch utilizes a directly powered 5W LED chip with an outstanding lifetime, lasting more than 100 000 hours of constant burning.
- Three easily accessible AA batteries or equivalent rechargeable batteries can be used as the power supply source.
- This incredibly rugged and waterproof backup light is extremely easy to use. The user switches it on and off with just a simple quarter-turn of the head.
- LED ONE easily fits in a jacket pocket (max. length – 197 mm, max. width- 41 mm) as well as it can be conveniently attached to the diving harness.
- The exterior is now shaped for a firm and easier grip, additionally, it’s much simpler to stow the light with a bungee loop.