Fourth Element J2 Baselayer Top | Men’s
The Fourth Element J2 Baselayer top is like a second skin. It’ll keep you toasty warm by wicking moisture away from your core while you’re diving.
Are you one of those divers who practically lives in their baselayer? You’ll love the J2’s anti-microbial magic – no more smelly undersuits!
The Honest Truth
I’ve dived with the Fourth Element J2 Baselayer top and it’s a game-changer. It fits snug, keeps me comfortable on long dives, and I love the anti-microbial feature… I spend A LOT of time in my undersuit 😉 I combine mine with the J2 leggings to make a head-to-toe baselayer.
With excellent anti-microbial performance thanks to the use of silver ion technology, and outstanding wicking from a unique fabric, the Fourth Element J2 Baselayer Top is designed for extended use under a drysuit.
Keeping the skin dry can be critical to success, whether it is staying warm, or preventing infections. The Fourth Element J2 Baselayer Top was designed to wick perspiration away from the skin and maintain a dry zone next to the skin. Air is a better insulator than water and consequently, the baselayer ensures better thermal protection.
The Fourth Element J2 Baselayer system takes this performance further with tried and tested anti-microbial silver ions embedded within the fibres of the fabric. This enables long, repetitive wear without the risk of skin infections developing – something which was critical on the US Deep Caving Team’s 2013 expedition to explore the Cheve cave system in Mexico, for which the J2 was specifically developed.
The Fourth Element J2 wicking performance also comes into its own when the fabric gets wet. Water is wicked away from the skin, and with the right combination of drysuit underwear, further away through the fibres of the undersuit. Even in the event of a suit flood, the J2 will retain some of its performance.
Silver ions are incorporated into the fibres when they are manufactured, ensuring that the bacteriostatic and antifungal properties of the fabric last. This cannot be washed off. The silver ions prevent the formation of bacterial cell membranes, preventing most bacteria from growing in the fibres of the garment. However, this will not adversely affect the naturally occurring bacteria on the skin itself.
- Simple, Close-Fitting Design: A sleek design with flat seams, offering supreme next-to-skin comfort, making it the perfect first layer under any drysuit underwear.
- Easy to Don: The Fourth Element J2 Baselayer Top is user-friendly, ensuring a hassle-free experience when gearing up for your dive.
- Good Aesthetics: Not just functional, but also stylish, this baselayer has a pleasing appearance that suits any diver.
- Extremely Comfortable: Thanks to its excellent all-way stretch fabric and flat seams, the Fourth Element J2 Baselayer Top Men’s provides unmatched comfort during any diving session.
- Flat Seams for Comfort: The well-designed seams contribute to overall comfort, ensuring there are no irritations or distractions while diving.