£681.00 inc. VAT
Complete reg set
Ready to go, take it out the box and straight into the water!
These regs are unreal. They’re super light so ideal for travelling but they are actually extreme cold water regs – you wouldn’t put those two features together, but it’s true! They’re a perfect set for UK diving.
The main difference between the XL4+ and the XL4 is the extra high pressure port on the 1st stage so you can add your transmitter.
JIM’S PERSONAL SERVICE PROMISE
Jim will personally assemble your regs and check them over on his test bench before he sends them out to you.
If there’s any customised tweaks you’d like adding (say, a long hose, a compass, a transmitter… anything like that) just let him know and he’ll build it for you!
We can also sort out the individual components of this Apeks XL4+ regulator, just get in touch and tell us what you need.
The Honest Truth
I adore my XL4+. I’ve got to be honest – the main reason I went for the “+” is all down to the colour! The standard XL4’s are amazing in terms of performance… but white is my colour scheme!
I also love how light these are. Most second stages just look huge in my mouth, like they cover half my face. These are really small and light so they don’t hurt my jaw as much.
This is the full Apeks XL4+ Set up including:
- XL4+ Primary second stage (white)
- XL4 Octopus second stage (black and yellow)
- XL4+ first stage
- Single Apeks gauge
- Rubber high pressure hose for gauge
- White flexi hose for primary
- Yellow flexi hose for octopus
It doesn’t include a hose for your BCD or dry suit, please get in touch if that’s something you need.
You can also upgrade and downgrade any individual items and buy things individually if you need to – just let us know
The Apeks XL4+ is a compact lightweight regulator suitable for diving in all environments including cold water locations. Its design and low weight help reduce jaw fatigue on long dives. The XL4+ also makes an ideal stage regulator, perfect for the technical exploration diver with a large amount of equipment. The XL4+ regulator is a high-performance option for those technical divers serious about weight savings.
- Compact machined first stage based on the expedition tested Apeks DS4 platform.
- Break through, innovative over-moulded first-stage endcap and environmental diaphragm helps prevent ice build-up that can cause first stage free flow in extreme circumstances. Also protects the first stage from impact damage.
- Large surface area heat exchanger diaphragm clamp helps increase the gas temperature inside the first stage, resulting in improved cold water performance.
- Unique over-balanced diaphragm design – as the diver descends, the over-balancing feature allows the medium pressure gas in the hose to increase at a faster rate than ambient. This results in superior performance at depth.
- With 2 HP ports and 4MP ports.
- Compact and lightweight second stage improves comfort and helps reduce jaw fatigue on long duration dives.
- High performance pneumatically balanced lever operated poppet valve.
- Large, over moulded self-flushing and controllable purge button.
- Ergonomic Venturi lever is easy to use and locate.
- Flexible nylon braided hose has better cold water performance than a traditional rubber hose.
- Standard metallic hose connection for interchangeability.
- Comfo-bite mouthpiece has a unique bridge that fits across the upper palate and does not require bite pressure to stay in place.
- Re-useable mouthpiece clip makes it simple to change mouthpieces in the field.
- Durable and flexible rubber exhaust tee provides excellent bubble diversion.
- UV inhibitors to help prevent discolouration of the white materials.
Fittings available: A-Clamp or DIN
Type of first stage: Over-balanced diaphragm design, environmentally sealed
Body Type: One piece forged body
Number of HP ports: 2 (7/16″ UNF)
Number of MP ports: 4 (3/8″ UNF)
Weight: DIN – 905g (2 lb) | A-Clamp – 1041g (2.3 lb)
Environmental Dry Kit: Standard
First stage exterior: Satin
Coldwater Use: Yes
Type of second stage: Pneumatically balanced
Opening Effort Control Knob: No
Integrated Venturi Lever: Yes
Exhaust tee: Standard, one set
Heat Exchanger for freezing resistance: Yes
Hose type: Braided flexi hose