The Garmin Descent MK2S is a top of the range all singing all dancing dive computer and smartwatch. Take it underwater with you, take it to the gym, take it on all your other watersport adventures too.
It’s more streamlined than the standard MK2 and comes in a larger range of colours. The only thing – if you want air integration, you’ve got no choice but to go with the MK2i but apart from that, it’s got exactly the same features as its fatter cousin.
The Honest Truth
I loved everything about the Garmin Descent MK2i when I tested it, apart from the fact it looked ridiculous on my scrawny wrists because it was huge!
I’ve not got my hands on the new MK2S, but it sounds much smaller. I love the fact it’s got a surfing and other watersport modes built in too – the perfect opposite for when diving is blown out!
Explore both of your worlds — underwater and topside — with Descent Mk2S.
This smaller watch-sized dive computer features multiple dive modes, such as single and multiple gas dives, gauge, apnea, apnea hunt and closed-circuit rebreather.
The Garmin Descent Mk2S also comes with an underwater 3-axis compass as well as surface GPS capabilities to mark your entry and exit points.
On land, Descent Mk2S doubles as a premium multisport GPS smartwatch with multiple sports apps, wrist-based heart rate monitoring, Pulse Ox sensor and advanced training features.
It also offers Garmin Pay™ contactless payments, music storage and smart notifications and can fit any style with your interchangeable QuickFit® bands.
- The Garmin Descent MK2S is an advanced, watch-style dive computer with a sunlight-readable 1.2” colour display in a small, elegant design that you can customise with your QuickFit® bands
- Six dive modes and ABC sensors, including an underwater compass for orientation below water
- Surface GPS for entry and exit points and so you know where you are above water
- Enhanced wrist-based heart rate and Pulse Ox sensing of blood oxygen saturation to support advanced sleep monitoring and altitude acclimation at high elevations
- Built-in support for multiple sports apps, activity tracking, advanced training features, Garmin Pay™ contactless payments, music storage with premium streaming service support, smart notifications for calls, texts and calendar alerts and more
- Upload, share and review dives in the Garmin Dive™ app, and store up to 200 dives on your wrist
- Battery life: up to 30 hours in dive mode, 7 days in smartwatch mode and up to 6 hours with music and GPS