£1,750.00 – £1,999.00
Fourth Element have been developing the Argonaut drysuit over several years. It’s a firm favourite with experienced divers who are looking for the best of the best when it comes to dive gear.
It’s made to measure and fully customisable to your requirements. It’s definitely not cheap, but believe us when we say you get what you pay for!
Get in touch to fully customise your suit. The prices below represent the billy basic specs, but Jim will work out a price based on your requirements.
The Honest Truth
I went with the Argonaut Stealth Hybrid when I ordered mine last year. I was like a kid on Christmas day when it arrived. It’s so flexible it makes gearing up a doddle and then when I’m in the water it’s perfect for my sidemount set up.
The Biomap is magic… my suit fits perfectly.
The Argonaut drysuit is fully customisable and made to measure using Fourth Element’s Biomap system.
It’s best to book in for a video chat with Jim so you can talk through all the options. You can choose your own material, seals, valves, boots, pockets… the list goes on and on!
The choice between which model of suit you go for depends on two things:
how durable do you want your suit to be vs how flexible you want your suit to be.
It’s a bit of a compromise, or you could go hybrid to get the best of both worlds!
The Argonaut Flex is made from the most hardwearing material. The fabric is laminated with a flexible butyl layer to provide protection without being rigid, but it definitely makes it less flexible compared to the Stealth. It also means that it’s a bit heavier which might be something to think about if you’re going to be travelling with your suit.
The Argonaut Stealth is lightweight and more stretchy which gives more freedom of movement in the suit. Although it’s pretty hardwearing, it’s not as durable as the Flex.
The Stealth Hybrid has Stealth on top and Flex on the bottom so you’ve got mobility where you’ll need it most (for getting gear on and doing shutdowns) and durability on the legs for clambering over rocks and entering the water.
Both styles of boots feature reinforced toes and heels with a fin strap retainer plus a velcro strap to stop your foot from sliding out.
The standard dry boot is made from 4mm compressed neoprene and is the most rigid and heavyweight of the options for your Argonaut drysuit. It’s perfect for shore entries or when the terrain is tough.
The tech dry boots are lighter weight and more flexible as they’re made from 2.5mm compressed neoprene. They’re always a hit for divers likely to be performing more complex finning.
Alternatively, you can go for the 2.5mm compressed neoprene socks so you can wear your own boots instead.
The future of measuring for custom drysuits. There’s no “suits you sir” tape measures here, it’s all done by photos based on the Biomap footplate.
You can call into Honest HQ and we’ll take the photos for you, or we’ll get a footplate sent out to you so you can sort everything in the comfort of your own home.
Then they get sent off to the whizzkid designers at Fourth Element who custom build your Argonaut.
The Argonaut drysuit uses the award-winning BIOMAP® system to create a bespoke pattern unique to the diver.
At the heart of the pattern development was the quest for improved mobility, stronger construction, greater streamlining, easier gas management, lighter weight and easier donning and doffing, but most importantly, the introduction of improved men’s and women’s patterns that fit beautifully.
This system, coupled with complete customisation allows control over suit design and specification. You can customise your wrist seals, neck seals, dump/inflate valves, boot type, pockets and P-valves to tailor the suit to your needs.
- HD latex neck seal as standard, other options available
- Neoprene warm-neck collar
- Choice of Apeks or Si-Tech inflate and exhaust valves
- YKK Aquaseal zipper with protective outer
- Cross-chest entry, maximising flexibility and ease of donning and doffing
- Telescopic torso design allows maximum range of movement
- Internal adjustable braces
- Elasticated adjustable crotch strap
- HD latex wrist seals as standard, other options available
- Two large thigh pockets (one or none also available)
- Wetnotes sleeve inside each pocket
- Bungee loops and steel D-ring in each pocket
- Additional small zipped pocket on pocket flap
- Secure hook and loop fastening
- Duratex panels reinforce key wear areas including shoulders, elbows, knees and seat
- Flat seams are taped inside and out for strength and reliability
- Duratex taping is used to protect the outer seams from abrasion
- Choice of dryboots or neoprene socks, other options available
- Reinforced at heel and toes for maximum strength and dexterity
- Include ergonomic footbed to maximise comfort
- Retaining ankle straps and adjustable hook and loop fastening
- Your customised Argonaut drysuit
- Argo Dry Bag
- Changing Mat
- Choice of neoprene hood
- Talcum powder
- Field repair kit
- Drysuit feed hose
- Silicone zip lube.